Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tutu Totes

Party Bags {on a budget}

Photobucket

I love having cute bags to give as party favors. I'm making these for our Pinkalicious party but they would be great for a princess party, ballerina party or just a for a little girlie girl. This is such a simple project that it is perfect teaching project for a new sewer.

Supplies:
*fray check & hot glue or fabric glue {not shown}
Photobucket


Put your 10x10 felt squares together and sew around 3 sides, leaving the top side open

Photobucket


Take the bottom edge and measure 2" on each side. Mark with pins or fabric pen

Photobucket


Pull out corner matching edge to edge. Sew a line from 2" mark to 2" mark and trim off excess.

Photobucket


Repeat on the other corner and then turn your tote right side out
Photobucket

Use fray check to seal the ends of your ribbon and pin to the inside of your tote. Use a decorative stitch and sew around the entire top of your tote, making sure to catch the ribbon handles.

Photobucket

Cut a 7" wide strip of tulle. Using the longest stitch setting, sew a gathering stitch along the top side of your tulle and gather your tulle piece to match the width of your tote.

Photobucket

Using a zigzag stitch, sew your "tutu" to your bag, a few inches from the top
Photobucket

Trim any extra tulle {above the zigzag stitch}. Use fabric glue or hot glue to glue sequin ribbon over the stitching.

Photobucket

A tote fit for a Pinkalicious Princess!

Photobucket


Photobucket

I will be linking up to THESE parties!

12 comments:

  1. So cute!! My niece is really into whole ballerina/princess thing right now and she would love this bag! Thanks for the tute. Found you at Fireflies and Jelly Beans.

    Check out my blog at naechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! she looks just like i would imagine my niece to look with such a bag! she would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is THE cutest thing! i have a friend with a little girl i know would just love something like this!!! it would be great if you would share this at my tip-toe thru tuesday party next week!! am a new follower too! stop over and say hi sometime! andiejaye @ http://crayonfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I am totally making this once I learn how to sew, lol! I love it!! I featured it on my blog today, come on by and check it out!

    http://livingcraftilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2011/06/five-fabulous-finds-12.html

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! And a very cute model!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie. I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! She is a cutie!! Love this idea! Can't go wrong with tutu's ;)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my linky :)
    http://jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/gift-bag-redo-diy.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea! I'm a dance teacher and this would be an adorable end of the year gift for my preschoolers! This looks like such a fun blog. I'm following your blog now and would love it if you would come check mine out too, www.thebakingmom.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea! I love making tutus as gifts, but this would be so awesome for the older girlies in my life! Would love it if you linked up to WWWW!
    http://itstoilegood.blogspot.com/2011/06/wwww-3rd-times-charm-partay.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun and easy. Gotta love that. I had a ballerina party complete with little tutus for my daughter's 5th birthday. These would have been so fun to add as a take home gift.
    Thanks for sharing at Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. That tutu bag is just gorgeous! Great idea and such a lovely clear tutorial too!

    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for linking up to WWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the tutorial! i'm doing a rapunzel themed party and am determined now to make 15 of these! :)

    christina from www.lilsprinkles.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin